Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Assigned Entry #4

Capitalism: A Love Story
    Outside of the facts that are covered throughout the majority of the movie though his use of satirical humor at times distracts me from his message entirely to me. So much so that it has caused me to dislike most of the works of his that I’ve seen over the years despite some of the really positive messages that he is trying to deliver to the viewer.

Yes, I know capitalism is bad.
Yes, I know that the government is in bed with the banks and Wall Street.
Yes, I know it is horrible that the way things are cause people to lose their homes.

     I don’t take someone serious though when they are going to the banks with armored trucks to try and get the ‘peoples’ money back from the banks. Sure this causes people to take notice of what he is filming and to maybe ask questions, but it does not actually for those people. It only allows for him to gain a few laughs from the people in the theater when bank owners have him thrown out or flat out ignore him. He is like Howard Stern in some aspects. Trying to go for that bigger shocking reaction that is going to make everyone stare in disbelief about what just happened. He’s found success with this method and I guess the old adage of ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ works for him.

    Overall…the movie was a just that, it was a movie. Michael Moore has become a culture icon through his tactics when it comes to his documentary style and he knows what will grab the attention of the common movie watcher and I’m glad he has found a way to express his creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I agree he did have to find a way to make this film more creative because I would have fallen to sleep if wasn't for the funny stuff lol!

    ReplyDelete